Course Description: OET Preparation Course is an intensive course which aims to prepare and equip OET candidates, health professionals, with fundamental knowledge and skill set along with heaps of test-taking techniques which can literally enable a remarkable performance and guarantee a pass score. The training covers all 4 skills; Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking as per the OET Test format.
- All overseas trained health professionals including Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Physiotherapist and Pharmacist can enroll into this course.
- English proficiency level: At least a pre-intermediate level is mandatory, if the student has lower proficiency level than this, he would have to complete Foundation Course of English-at Acumen.
- Student achieves advance level of English and uses it in his communication with patients and colleagues.
- To develop analytical and critical thinking skills which helps them to comprehend Medical Research Papers seen in part B of the OET Reading Test.
- Vocabulary building
- Intensive training for the correct interpretation of Spoken Language through Listening practice.
- Students develop note-taking skills as well as the ability to listen for a specific purpose.
- Students are also given insight into Australian culture and lifestyle, so as to enhance their acceptance and understanding of patients’ perception
- Students can converse effectively with their patients in clinical set-up.
- To be able to write letters to other health professionals in order to convey important information about their patients’ medical history, progress, Discharge Summary or to request further assessment.
- Listening Strategies Part A and Part B.
- Listening Practice is designed to enable students to gradually progress from easy to difficult level, in terms of speed of speech delivery, ascent, and vocabulary.
- The course books are divided into 3 categories; Beginners’, Intermediate and Advance. .(50 Tests in total)
- Reading Strategies Part A and B.
- Reading Practice books too, have been designed to provide challenging tasks as per the level of each student category; Beginners’, Intermediate and Advance.(50 Tests in total)
- Writing Course includes thorough practice on how to select relevant points from case history and eliminate unnecessary information.
- Format of different types of letters and use of appropriate phrases.
- Speaking Practice aims at developing following skills:
- History Taking
- Presenting Complaints
- Assessment and Investigations
- Breaking Bad news
- Discussing Treatment Options
- Handling Difficult Patients
- Dealing With complaints
- Health Education
- Explaining Consequences
- Grammar Sessions:
- Tenses and vigorous practice for the use of active and passive voice in sentences.
- Synthesis Of Simple, Compound and complex Sentences by using noun, appositives, infinitive, gerund, coordinating conjunctions and transitional words and phrases.
- Model Auxiliaries
- Formal and Informal expressions