Course Name: Occupational English Test Preparation
Course Description: OET Preparation Course is an intensive course which aims to prepare and equip OET candidates, health professionals, with fundamental knowledge and skill set along with heaps of test-taking techniques which can literally enable a remarkable performance and guarantee a pass score. The training covers all 4 skills; Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking as per the OET Test format.
- All overseas trained health professionals including Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Physiotherapist and Pharmacist can enroll into this course.
- English proficiency level: At least a pre-intermediate level is mandatory, if the student has lower proficiency level than this, he would have to complete Foundation Course of English-at Acumen.
- Student achieves advance level of English and uses it in his communication with patients and colleagues.
- To develop analytical and critical thinking skills which helps them to comprehend Medical Research Papers seen in part B of the OET Reading Test.
- Vocabulary building
- Intensive training for the correct interpretation of Spoken Language through Listening practice.
- Students develop note-taking skills as well as the ability to listen for a specific purpose.
- Students are also given insight into Australian culture and lifestyle, so as to enhance their acceptance and understanding of patients’ perception
- Students can converse effectively with their patients in clinical set-up.
- To be able to write letters to other health professionals in order to convey important information about their patients’ medical history, progress, Discharge Summary or to request further assessment.
There are several study options available but the most popular among student is the 12-week In-Class course. This course avails 20 hours of classroom sessions per week.
There are 2 batches available from Monday to Friday.
- Early Morning batch: 7:30 to 9:30 AM (IST)
- Late Evening Batch: 7:00 to 9:00 PM (IST)
New students can enroll every Monday after completing 1-Week Basic Session.
- Listening Strategies Part A and Part B.
- Listening Practice is designed to enable students to gradually progress from easy to difficult level, in terms of speed of speech delivery, ascent, and vocabulary.
- The course books are divided into 3 categories; Beginners’, Intermediate and Advance. .(50 Tests in total)
- Reading Strategies Part A and B.
- Reading Practice books too, have been designed to provide challenging tasks as per the level of each student category; Beginners’, Intermediate and Advance.(50 Tests in total)
- Writing Course includes thorough practice on how to select relevant points from case history and eliminate unnecessary information.
- Format of different types of letters and use of appropriate phrases.
- Speaking Practice aims at developing following skills:
- History Taking
- Presenting Complaints
- Assessment and Investigations
- Breaking Bad news
- Discussing Treatment Options
- Handling Difficult Patients
- Dealing With complaints
- Health Education
- Explaining Consequences
- Grammar Sessions:
- Tenses and vigorous practice for the use of active and passive voice in sentences.
- Synthesis of Simple, Compound and complex Sentences by using noun, appositives, infinitive, gerund, coordinating conjunctions and transitional words and phrases.
- Model Auxiliaries
- Formal and Informal expressions